Cost of Membership
Please view the application form to the left for the latest membership fees. Subscription renewal date is 31st December each year. Full members who join the Club after 30th June shall be entitled to a 50% reduction for the following year’s renewal and members who join the Club after 30th September shall be given membership until the end of the following year.
Apart from the events we organise which are advertised in our bi-monthly magazine we have the following associations & services: –
- The Sunbeam Club has 3 distinctive motorcycling classes, veteran (pre 1915), vintage (pre 1931) and post vintage machines (pre 1940 unmodified)
An alternative motorcycling activity is sporting trials riding catering for all classes from girder to modern machines and for all differing abilities.
- The Club has organised the Pioneer Run® since 1930 and also runs the Pioneer Register to authenticate pre 1915 veteran machines and issues a certificate of eligibility to enter the Sunbeam Pioneer Run®. The registrar is John Waghorn, see magazine. John also can supply the oval machine badges for authenticated veterans, and can deal with the retention of original number plates with DVLA for most veterans plus some vintage and post vintage (pre 1940) machines for which the club archives hold sufficient dating information . A Pioneer Finishers tie is available from the regalia officer (Rob Smith; e-mail: email@example.com) at £7.50 including p&p for those who have completed a Pioneer Run®. This is not a Sunbeam Club tie.
- Members qualify for concessionary rates for all Club organised Veteran, Vintage and Post-Vintage events
- For trials riders, apart from the 3 events we organise annually, see SMCC Club News, the Club belongs to the ACU Star Group giving riders access to the season’s Star Group Championship. We also have an association with Bexleyheath Club giving us access to the North Kent Wobblers trials series and their extensive calendar of Club trials, catering for all classes of riders from raw novice to expert, plus their regular green lane events.
- We are a Club for all pre 1940 machine makes and we have members who have specialist knowledge of some marques, refer to the List of Marque Specialists published in the SMCC Club News for further details.
- A comprehensive collection of literature assembled by the late “Tiny” Ayers is now available to members, refer to our Latest News page for more information.
- Club nights are held at various locations, refer to the dedicated page for more information.
- A range of Club regalia is available from our regalia officer, check the dedicated page here for further details.
- Hagerty Insurance Company, who sponsored the 2018 Pioneer Run in 2018 and Peter James provide special insurance rates for club members.
- Ferry discount services are available to Club members.
- Members can purchase beaded edge and wired on tyres from Vintage Tyres Ltd at discount prices.
- Discount on veteran, vintage and post vintage ignition supplies.
- Discount on specialists oils
- Club Facebook
- The Club is always grateful for items to add to it’s archive collection
- The Club is affiliated to the South Eastern Centre of the Auto Cycle Union and the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs