Cost of Membership
Please view the application form to the left for the latest membership fees. Subscription renewal date is 31st December each year. There is a higher initial price for new members joining during the six months after June 30th so that they qualify for up to 18 months of membership.
Apart from the events we organise which are advertised in our bi-monthly magazine we have the following associations & services: –
- The Sunbeam Club has 2 distinctive motorcycling activities, veteran (pre 1915) and vintage (pre 1931) events and several events extend to include Post Vintage machines (pre 1940 unmodified)
An alternative motorcycling activity is sporting trials riding catering for all classes from girder to modern machines and for all differing abilities.
- The Club has organised the Pioneer Run® since 1930 and also runs the Pioneer Register to authenticate pre 1915 veteran machines and issues a certificate of eligibility to enter the Sunbeam Pioneer Run®. The registrar is John Waghorn, see magazine. John also can supply the oval machine badges for authenticated veterans, and can deal with the retention of original number plates with DVLA for veterans only. A Pioneer Finishers tie is available from Ian McGill at £7.50 including p&p for those who have completed a Pioneer Run®. This is not a Sunbeam Club tie.
- Members qualify for concessionary rates for all Club organised Veteran, Vintage and Post-Vintage events
- Regular trials riders riding as Sunbeam Club members can receive the Sporting Motorcyclist at discounted price.
- Also for trials riders, apart from the 6 events that we organise annually, see magazine, the Club belongs to the ACU Star Group giving riders access to the season’s Star Group Championship. We also have an association with Bexleyheath Club giving us access to the North Kent Wobblers trials series and their extensive calendar of Club trials, catering for all classes of riders from raw novice to expert, plus their regular green lane events.
- We are a Club for all machine makes and we have members who have specialist knowledge of some marques, refer to the List of Marque Specialists for further details.
- A comprehensive collection of literature assembled by the late “Tiny” Ayers is now available to members, refer to our Latest News page for more information.
- Club nights are held at various locations, refer to the dedicated page for more information.
- A wide range of Club regalia is available from our regalia officer, check the dedicated page here for further details.
- Peter James provide special insurance rates for club members.
- The club can offer discounted prices from Morris Lubricants.
- We can offer discounted RAC breakdown insurance.
- Ferry discount services are available to Club members.
- Members can purchase beaded edge and wired on tyres from Vintage Tyres Ltd at discount prices.
- The Club published its history from 1924 to 2000 entitled “The First 75 Years”, this is now out of print but can be viewed by appointment via the Archivist who is currently Baz Staple. The Club archive is always grateful for items to add to its collection.
- The Club is affiliated to the South Eastern Centre of the Auto Cycle Union and the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs